Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Approaching Yachats


Acrylic on Canvas
16" x 20"

Earlier in this century I went on a memorable vacation that included some biking along Highway 101 on the Oregon coast.  Last week, I dug out some photos from that trip - they were taken on film!  How quaint.  This painting is based on one of the photos taken near Yachats, somewhere between Newport and Florence for those of you in the know or those who care to Google it. The road curved and rose and dipped down to the ocean and back up over the peaks. While I painted this, I had great memories of cycling in the moist sea air with that awe inspiring view of beach and ocean.

6 comments:

  1. What a splendid composition and (as usual) wonderful color. We are about to head to the coast - can't wait to see the endless horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary. Given your location, I am guessing you are heading to the East coast, not the west. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Shelley! Such a sense of peace and space! Goes on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz, thank you. My husband says it reminds him of some beaches around the Cape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've captured it exactly! This is gorgeous! You certainly have a lot of talent! Thanks for calling attention to your blog and this painting in particular. I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat - Thanks for your comment! Welcome to my world. Shelley

    ReplyDelete